Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sick Tuesday

I am not feeling well today. Nothing major, no sinus pain or sniffles or, um, digestitory issues. Just a little queasy and achy and blah.

This does not bode well, as at least four members of our congregation (one of them residing with me) have come down with "the crud" in the last two weeks.

I don't have time to be sick! Which, of course, means I will get very ill very soon. Maybe I can trick this thing, whatever it is, if I pretend I'm as free as the air and have all kinds of time to do whatever I want--if I take today off, and sleep and drink hot tea and read good books and ignore the vast pile of stuff to be done (prepare for church makeover class on Thursday, and for membership class on Saturday; start sermon; get the order of worship for Sunday to the designer--which means finding or writing the call to worship and possibly a responsive invocation/benediction/prayers of the people; preparing for our congregation's mission and vision retreat next month; phone calls and conversations with members of the various community groups with whom I have on-going projects; preparing for a denominational regional conference worship team phone conference tomorrow; and finishing our congregation's annual report, to name a few of just the "church" tasks, ignoring all that needs to be done around the house).

Nope, I got nothin' to do today, not me! (Hear that, flu germs? Nothin' at all!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better, be well and do well. and ahv ethe energy to finish what you need to finish. Yuck what if all of you get sick?

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

RP:

[resounding slap on your forehead]

Be HEALED in the NAME of JEEEEZuss!

GAWD, I just PRAY today that your SERVANT is DELIVERED from these DEMON germs and FREED UP to do ALLLLL you have for her to DO. AHMEN!!!!

hehehe ... you should hear me in person.

Seriously, do get better. And this reminds me that someone from one of our "Bishop's" offices left a message for me at one of the churches asking me about healing services, so I need to return her call.

LutheranChik said...

RP, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Sounds like you're getting what I got after my Upper Peninsulan vacation.

Clarence Darrow--Beyond Scopes and Leopold & Loeb

Personalities fascinate me--people do. One way I try to understand history and places is through people--which is why I love good histor...