This week’s Friday Five from Songbird at RevGalBolgPals is an American Idols edition!
Here we go…
1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be either Josh Groban or Judy Collins. That clear, effortless soaring voice is what I aspire to (and rarely achieve).
2) I would love to sing the song--no, I can’t name just one. There are some I think I sing better than others—the Alleluia from Shrek, The Highwayman (Loreena McKennitt version), to name two; and some that are just way too much fun—I Know What Boys Want (The Waitresses), Lucky (Melissa Etheridge), When You’re Good to Mama (from Chicago), and I Am What I Am (many versions). I wish I could sing well enough to sing the Pié Jesú from John Rutter’s
3) It would be really cool to sing at
4) If I could sing a dream duet it would be with k d lang (see hot photo above), Josh Groban, or my sister, whose voice is stunning.
5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be probably the last time that show was ever on the air! I would love to have sung on the Carol Burnett show… maybe Saturday Night Live in its heyday during the 80s.