RevGal's Friday Five
It has been too long since I did this, and I am looking for ways to procrastinate anyway...not deliberately, you understand, just not turning away from opportunities.
So here are the random five from yesterday (see I even procrastinated on that!)
1. What is the first thing that comes to your mind (right now) that you want to share about yourself.
I procrastinate. No, seriously, I am finally in a good place after at least three years of sadness and a dark place. I want that to translate into more writing.
2. What is your favorite piece of jewelry or accessory? Why?
I used to have a wonderful rainbow-y watercolor effect silk scarf that I wore at least twice a week. It went with just about anything, from white to black to grey and everything in-between. Unfortunately, when I was unpacking after my most recent move, I pulled it out of a box, not realising it was caught on a belt buckle and tore an irreparable hole in it.
3. If you could have a starring role in a T.V. show/movie/series, which one would it be, and what would your character be like?
Well, it would probably change the way the series are written, but I would love to be in either one of the Law and Order franchises (preferably with Mariska Hargitay...) or Star Trek the Next Generation, as an ethics/spirituality adviser to the rest of the cast, sort of like BD Wong's psychologist character. I think it would bring an interesting dimension to some of the plots. And apparently I can act fairly well--I was part of a murder mystery dinner recently and people were taken aback when I showed up at the door "in character" and stayed that way most of the evening. Apparently they thought this was the real me sans collar--snarky and bitter and cutting to my "parents." I'm not sure if I should be alarmed or not.
4. What is one thing you will eat this weekend? Coffee. Eat--have you seen how strong I like my coffee? Profiteroles--I am taking them to a potluck tonight and so they are the only item I know will be there. I am hoping for butter chicken (one of the sometime-attendees makes fabulous butter chicken), but there's always a lot of good food-salads, desserts, taco pie last month... I'm taking a fruit plate for Sunday coffee hour, so I will be eating that as well.
5. How do you waste time? (If you do, that is...)
Haha...writing on my blog when I should be working on my sermon and doing laundry. More usually, it's websurfing, browsing YouTube or GoodReads, or playing with my new cat friend, Bobcat.
|My new roommate, Bobcat|