Friday Five--Word Association

Back into the routine--Friday means the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five meme. This week it's word association time!

Whirlwind: Tornado, probably much like the one in The Wizard of Oz. Brownish grey, spinning...dusty, too.

Foundation: Solid; cement, building. Interestingly enough, I don't automatically think of foundation in the sense of a non-profit benevolent-type organization, in spite of the fact that I have worked with them a lot.

Lightning: A flash of lightning, against a dark sky.

Den: A safe place, a cozy place; almost a nest, but underground.

Prey: Here's the odd thing--I think of a predator. What is up with my mind, that I think of the opposite? Say "prey," and I get a mental picture of a wolf or hawk.

Well, there's a sense of dynamicism there, for sure--of movement, witht he lightning and the whirlword--and even with foundation and den, there's the idea of settling in from movement, of coming to rest.

I can't explain the prey thing at all. And I'm not sure I want to know.

Comments

Songbird said…
It's hard to think of prey without it's opposite, true.
Sue said…
Funny, but when I think of "foundation" I think of the foundations department in the old Eaton's store. I never understood what bras and panties had to do with foundations (which I associated with building projects, cement pinnings and such...). I remember that the ladies that worked in the foundations department always looked really serious and business-like, so I was totally relieved when my mother bought my first bra and didn't make me go to the store to try it on. Whew!

Popular posts from this blog

Public Education

Clerical Sartorial Splendour (Female Version)