- I want to read "Getting Things Done," but I have too much to do.
- My sermon isn't even going to be started until Saturday.
- Why do people assume that you are doing only what they know you are doing, and that therefore you have some free time? They don't have any idea of the other six projects I'm involved with, each just as time-consuming as the one they know about.
- I'm getting better at saying "No."
- I'm getting better at asking for help.
- Ya gotta have friends (see #5). One friend offered to do my laundry--I talked her into working the church's bingo night instead!
- My daydreams these days involve three hours of free time with a good book and a full pot of coffee, instead of a deserted beach and a tall cool colorful drink. I'm trying to be realistic.
- Do funeral directors know how sensitive their work is? Depending on the attitude of the funeral director and funeral home, the time of mourning can be hell or can be made easier. It is so crucial to have someone who can read the family and be supportive in ways that they need (and each family is different). Some clearly understand it, and others should be clocked upside the head. At the moment, I'm dealing with a very good director. Thank you, God!
- The sermon topic--Exile (I'm off-lectionary for a few weeks)--will certainly resonate on many levels this week.
- There is no such thing as a part-time pastor. Some pastors may be paid for part-time work, but not one pastor of my acquaintance has ever actually worked just 20 hours a week.
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Thursday Random Thoughts
I have more to do today than three people could get done, so I'm going on with the understanding that lots of stuff won't get done. One thing I need to do for my own sanity is a post here. So here goes.