Friday Five on Monday
So, RevHRod wants to know about books! Dangerous question to ask a former librarian… But here goes!
1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?
Wow, this one is actually pretty difficult. I’m trying to remember what I’ve read! Leaving Church, by Barbara Brown Taylor had a lot to say to me. But then, so has Identity and the Case for
2. What is one of your favourite childhood books?
Wrinkle in Time, by
3. Do you have a favourite book of the Bible? Do tell!
My favourite Gospel is
4. What is one book you could read again and again?
5. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?
A daily devotional. I tend to get back into my daily reading and prayers during Lent, stick with it pretty well until the summer, when it falls apart, and make a few feeble stabs at it until the next Lent… I have a Celtic one I like very much.
And because we all love bonus questions, if you were going to publish a book what would it be? Who would you want to write the jacket cover blurb expounding on your talent?
I would like my friend Builder in
Oh, you mean what book that I would write? I’ve been mulling a novel about a small-town band… And the jacket blurb should be by kd
And what did you have in your tea after dinner?