My Personal Art



Well, it's done! I hope the picture is clear enough.

It wasn't that bad, actually--the process, I mean. Outlining wasn't the greatest, but the rest was very tolerable. And I impressed the artist--and Man About Town. Both of them expected that I would object a lot more, or have more discomfort, given the location. Pah! I've been through childbirth, I told them; 20 hours of induced labour and a c-section. I can handle a tat!

I love the design he came up with and the way he blended the colours...he even thought to ask me which colour I wanted on the top of the circle! I told him red, because while blue is my favourite colour, red is the one that I identify as "my" colour. It's a tad larger than I envisioned at first; but so much detail was lost when it was smaller, that I decided to go for a bit more size. And it's still small enough that I can, if I want, cover it.

The artist called it "striking." I'm inclined to agree!

P.S. This morning it's itchy and sting-y--like sunburn--just like RDQ said it would be!

Comments

Teri said…
awesome!
revhipchick said…
very cool! it's beautiful, the colors are absolutely amazing! congratulations!
LutheranChik said…
That is awesome. I've never seen a tat with colors that vivid!
Sally said…
wow- that's georgeous!
mompriest said…
I'm impressed, it's beautiful!
Sue said…
Beeeyooooteeeefulll!!!

I'm totally jealous. (No, I do not need a third tattoo. I do not need a third tattoo. But three is such a Trinitarian number!)

Sorry, talking to myself there....

It really is lovely.
will smama said…
AWESOME! Wow - absolutely beautiful.

Ointment it up! Don't let it get dry and DON'T SCRATCH!
RevDrKate said…
WOW! Beautiful.
She Rev said…
I tend not to be a tattoo person for myself, but that looks wonderful. I love the colors and overall design. Congrats!
jadedjabber said…
This is such an amazing tat!!! Congrats and well done!
Barbara said…
It's gorgeous! Wow, you are brave. I was 26 before I got up the courage to get my ears pierced because of the prospect of pain.

I'm allergic to pain - I break out in screams. (grin)

Popular posts from this blog

Clerical Sartorial Splendour (Female Version)

Houston, We Have Touchdown...